Database Writer Error

Are you having problems with using or developing a plugin? Let me know here.
w2brw

Database Writer Error

Post by w2brw » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:58 pm

Hello Everyone,

I moved from a Win 7 PC to a Win 10 PC and did a fresh install of VRS and the writer plugin. The writer plugin will not start and is giving me the following error:

[2016-06-01 18:08:23.724 UTC] [t1] Database writer plugin caught exception on starting session: System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: unable to open database file
unable to open database file
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Reset(SQLiteStatement stmt)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Step(SQLiteStatement stmt)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteScalar(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteScalar()
at Dapper.SqlMapper.ExecuteScalarImpl[T](IDbConnection cnn, CommandDefinition& command)
at Dapper.SqlMapper.ExecuteScalar[T](IDbConnection cnn, String sql, Object param, IDbTransaction transaction, Nullable`1 commandTimeout, Nullable`1 commandType)
at VirtualRadar.Database.BaseStation.Database.Sessions_Insert(BaseStationSession session)
at VirtualRadar.Database.BaseStation.Database.InsertSession(BaseStationSession session)
at VirtualRadar.Plugin.BaseStationDatabaseWriter.Plugin.StartSession()

agw

Re: Database Writer Error

Post by agw » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:33 am

SQLite is saying that it can't open your BaseStation.sqb for writing. When you moved the installation did you copy across your BaseStation.sqb from the old machine? Have you configured the correct path and filename for your BaseStation.sqb in VRS? Does the user that's running VRS have the correct permissions to read and write the file? Has the file been flagged as read-only?

w2brw

Re: Database Writer Error

Post by w2brw » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:19 am

The user didn't have permission on the directory in which the database file was in. All set. Thanks again!