Found a way to change the Silhouette

Are you having problems with using or developing a plugin? Let me know here.
egpd1701

Found a way to change the Silhouette

Post by egpd1701 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:18 pm

Hi

Finally found a way to change the ICON of the TYPE.PNG in the main screen to be the coloured aircraft that I wanted in the beginning. If you remember one of my last posts Called "Species", I suggest changing the ICAOTypeCode field to the name of the silhouette. This did work but it caused problems with the program not being able to determine the species and wake turbulence. I have since rectified my process.

The ICAOTypeCode field is as is would normal be i.e. SB20 or S92 (note - they do not have the operator code appended to the name now - 'S92-HKS'). I have used a plug-in to append the operator name which matches my .bmp name. It achieves the same result but I do have an issue with the gadget now not picking up the coloured silhouette - Still trying to figure it out - any help on the gadget .JS would be appreciated.

egpd1701

Re: Found a way to change the Silhouette

Post by egpd1701 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:17 am

I managed to debug the gadget and I have the gadget now displaying the "modified" silhouette that is displayed in the main window. I also added a link to the base of the gadget to open up the radar view from there instead of right clicking the
icon at the bottom and clicking the show window link.

If anyone would like code to the Plugin or the edited Gadget then please let me know and i'll post it (assuming that I don't have the same problems i'm having with images.)

Now if I could only get the report to display the correct silhouette.....

shinesamuel

Post by shinesamuel » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:26 pm

Need help to change Silhouette to colored one. I need the Gadgets.js file for Virtual Radar Server. :)

egpd1701

Post by egpd1701 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:17 pm

HI

I've PM'd you the file

Have fun!