FullDatabaseWriter

Are you having problems with using or developing a plugin? Let me know here.
sergsero

FullDatabaseWriter

Post by sergsero » Mon May 14, 2012 4:38 pm

Hello Andrew,
Now, when there is already a plugin (DatabaseWriter) that creates and updates a database that uses the same schema as Kinetic's BaseStation, may be back to idea of plugin of full history of aircraft tracks?
I remember about a huge amount of data. But it's special plugin for users who need to know the exact history of flights - FullDatabaseWriter. Optional, setting limit on the amount of available hard drive or storage time limit and overwrite the oldest data with new.
SID/STAR procedures, avoid the build-ups, thunderstorm activity, vectors and so on it's impossible from the report now.
Upon request, the map shows the historical data in the form of a real static route of flight. Or even playback a live flight reconstruction on the screen.
Sergey

agw

Re: FullDatabaseWriter

Post by agw » Mon May 14, 2012 6:36 pm

I hadn't forgotten, it is on the list. The main problem is, as you say, the volume of disk that recording full tracks will consume. I figure I can get it down to about 20 bytes per second - or whatever the recording interval is - which on an aggregated feed with an average of 500 aircraft at peak times and an average tracking time of about 30 minutes would add up to maybe 3-4Gb a week. But yes, I do have that on the list. I just don't have a great deal of time to implement it at the moment :)

rtou

Re: FullDatabaseWriter

Post by rtou » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:18 pm

I would also be interested in this feature! :D