Database writer probs

Are you having problems with using or developing a plugin? Let me know here.
Stevb

Database writer probs

Post by Stevb » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:07 pm

Hi I understand that virtual server with database writer can be used by non sbs users however having installed both on win 7 64 bit can anyone tell me the path to show in plug in options as when i go to press create button i get a load of errors

Steve

agw

Re: Database writer probs

Post by agw » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:43 pm

You can put the database anywhere that you have write permissions. If you didn't enter a full path then I suspect it would default to creating the database file in the program folder, which might cause a few problems. What did you enter for the database filename?

When the errors come up the program should have copied the error text to the clipboard. If you get the error again could you reply to this thread and paste the error into a post please? I should be able to see what's going wrong from that. Alternatively you can go into VRS, click Tools | Open VirtualRadarLog.txt and copy and paste the content of the file into a PM to me (it'd be a bit big for a thread post) and I should be able to figure out what's happening from that.

Stevb

Post by Stevb » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:24 pm

Hi This is the error i get

An unhandled exception was caught: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VirtualRadar\Plugins\BaseStationDatabaseWriter\ConnectionLog.sqb' is denied.
Full message:System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VirtualRadar\Plugins\BaseStationDatabaseWriter\ConnectionLog.sqb' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
at System.IO.File.Create(String path)
at VirtualRadar.Database.BaseStation.Database.CreateDatabaseIfMissing(String fileName)
at VirtualRadar.Plugin.BaseStationDatabaseWriter.WinForms.OptionsView.buttonCreateDatabase_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Thanks

Steve

agw

Post by agw » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:50 pm

Stevb wrote:Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VirtualRadar\Plugins\BaseStationDatabaseWriter\ConnectionLog.sqb' is denied.
I'm assuming that you entered "ConnectionLog.sqb" in the plugin's Database filename box?

If this is the case then click the "Use default name" link just below the Database filename box - for Windows 7 that will fill the box with something like "C:\Users\<your user name here>\AppData\Local\VirtualRadar\BaseStation.sqb". Then when you click Create Database it should be alright. If it gives you an error then let me know what it is, and what "Use default name" had put into the database filename box.

ConnectionLog.sqb is a slightly odd name to choose though, it's the same as one of the files that gets written by Virtual Radar into the configuration folder. If you didn't enter "ConnectionLog.sqb" into the database filename box then let me know what you did enter and we'll go from there.

Stevb

Post by Stevb » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:24 pm

It accepted that file path thank you but after i click on server addres bottom right of virtual server it launches map,ut no data is coming to the programme can you help further

Steve

Stevb

Post by Stevb » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:39 pm

Their is no data coming down on virtual server on my non sbs machine can you help please

agw

Post by agw » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:41 pm

You need to tell Virtual Radar Server the address and port of the program that is listening to the radio and generating a Kinetic format port 30003 stream of data. For people with Kinetic radios this would be the address of the computer that is running BaseStation (and the port would be 30003) but if you don't have a Kinetic radio then I think most people install PlanePlotter, which I think can generate the port 30003 stream, and enter the address of that. If PlanePlotter is running on the same computer as VRS then the address would be 127.0.0.1. You enter those details in the Tools | Options screen, under the BaseStation tab.

Unfortunately I don't have any receivers that aren't made by Kinetic, nor do I have PlanePlotter, so I can't help you any further than that. I have just started adding the ability to decode the raw ADS-B packets that are relayed by the SBS-3, once that is complete I hope to be able to read the data directly from other receivers that output raw ADS-B data such as the Beast - but that is going to be a few weeks off yet, decoding the raw packets will take a bit of work.

Stevb

Post by Stevb » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:26 pm

Thank you it shows http://127.0.0.1/virtualradar in bottom right hand corner of virtual server how do i make the connection to feed info from planeplotter to virtual radar as a non sbs user

Steve

Stevb

Post by Stevb » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:04 pm

i understand that virtual server will work on a machine without any sbs,radarbox etc i have just got planeplotter on this computer done all the neccasary virtual radar loads but no data coming down i npotice under the basestation tab their is a aunthentication for user and password could this be the reason

agw

Post by agw » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:02 pm

Sorry, missed the previous message. The 127.0.0.1 link is just the link to the website that VRS generates, and the authentication options are for password-protecting the site. All you need to configure is the address and port in the BaseStation options tab.

Which radio receiver are you using?