Startup with Polar Plots.

Are you having problems with using or developing a plugin? Let me know here.
lindamor

Startup with Polar Plots.

Post by lindamor » Fri May 01, 2015 1:31 am

Hi to all!

I try to Setup a custom Content to simply start VRS with enabled polar plots.
Just only for "all altitudes" nothing special!
I would be very happy if anyone can correct my script to got it work.
my Problem is, that i am not familiar with Java and the instruction is not
easy enough for me to understand.
I try do many things with that script, but it still will not shown my polar plots on Startup on a remote computer.
There is never a problem to start the polarplots manual via "Menue/Receiver range" but i like to have them start
initially.
How do i use this " polarPlotDisplayOnStartup = " correctly ??

This is what i do:

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript">
    if(VRS && VRS.globalDispatch && VRS.serverConfig) {
        VRS.globalDispatch.hook(VRS.globalEvent.bootstrapCreated, function(bootStrap) {

VRS.globalOptions.polarPlotDisplayOnStartup = 
     			{ feedName: Stuttgart-Ost, low: -1, high: -1 };

};

}
 </script> 
What means "feedName:" ?
I found no part in VRS wich is called "feed" to look for it.
Is this the Name of the Receiver ?
Is this the Name of my Location ?
Is this the Name of myself ? :roll: :D

thanks a lot for helping me

Lindamor

agw

Re: Startup with Polar Plots.

Post by agw » Fri May 15, 2015 6:38 pm

Sorry for the delay in replying - you don't actually need to use the custom content plugin to start a site with a polar plot enabled. You can do it like this:

1. Configure the web site using your default browser so that it appears exactly how you want it.
2. In VRS go to Tools | Options | Web Site | Initial Settings.
3. On that screen click the link for the Settings page.
4. Click the Export Settings button on the page that comes up in the browser.
5. That shows you a big edit box with a whole pile of text in it. Copy all of the text in the edit box to the clipboard.
6. Back in VRS click the "Copy from Clipboard" link and then click OK.

From that point on any new browsers that connect to the site will be using the settings you exported, including the setting that tells it which polar plot to display.

Those settings are only used if the browser has never visited the site before. You can use the same Settings page from step (4) if you need to delete all the existing VRS settings from a browser that has already visited the site.

fenix_digital

Post by fenix_digital » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:50 pm

Hello agw!

There is something I'm missing here because I cannot find out what you mean in point 4.

When I click the link in the VRS panel "web server -> initial settings" it opens a normal web with the map and tables. Then I go to *Options and there I set everything appropriately.

And that's it. That's as far as I can reach because there is no "export settings" button in the webpage. What button are you refering to? Maybe this is a newer version? Missing button?

How can I do the export settings if that 'button' is not present? (I'm using Mozilla Firefox).

Thank you very much!

Appreciate it, and would appreciate the instructions were much more clear and specific.

agw

Post by agw » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:35 am

It's the link against "Settings site" on Tools | Options | Web Site | Initial Settings. Clicking that link opens the settings page in a browser which is where you'll find the export button.