Database Writer Options..?!!??

Are you having problems with using or developing a plugin? Let me know here.
dsfh2992

Re: Database Writer Options..?!!??

Post by dsfh2992 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:11 am

Ahh, planebase, that's right... Sorry, didn't mean to be a pain!

Skibox

Post by Skibox » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:50 pm

agw wrote:You can either have it write details for new / missing aircraft or you can overwrite aircraft that have details which were last updated more than 28 days ago.
How is the 28 days determined? Using the "LastModified" in the Aircraft Table or something else? I'm trying to figure out what field I need to set to prevent old/faulty online data from overwriting my recently updated aircraft. I only update basestation.sqb manually using a SQlite editor.

But, what happens after 28 days? Is there a field in the online database that it has actually been updated more recently, or will my corrected records once again be overwritten with the incorrect online data, just after waiting 28 days... ?

BTW, I think that the operator is much more interesting than the formal owner. Owners are often banks or finance companies which says nothing about what the ac is used for. Is there an operator full name field in Planebase that can be linked to the "RegisteredOwner" in basestation.sqb ?

/M

agw

Post by agw » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:03 am

Yes, it's from the last modified date. However it's not checked until the aircraft pops up on the radar and its record is retrieved from the database. The first time it pops up after 28 days it'll fetch the details from the mothership and if it gets anything back it'll overwrite the registration, manufacturer etc. with whatever it gets sent.

If you're manually editing BaseStation.sqb then just switch the 28 day refresh off in the settings. It'll still write details of new aircraft to the database, it just won't update existing aircraft.