Can't run reports

Bug reports and questions about running Virtual Radar Server on Linux
jmaurin

Can't run reports

Postby jmaurin » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:29 pm

Hi.
I'm running VRS on CentOS and it's working fine, but I can't run reports. When I try to run any report (like flights of the day), the 'wait' logo keeps spining forever and nothing happens.

I have database writte plugin enabled, database created and populated by VRS fine.
In the server log, I have some messages, but I'm not sure if it's related to reports...

Code: Select all

[2017-03-28 15:27:21.120 UTC] [t5792] Caught exception while reading filenames from /modesmixer/imgs: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException (ExceptionResource resource) <0x4018bb80 + 0x00027> in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].Insert (System.Collections.Generic.TKey key, System.Collections.Generic.TValue value, Boolean add) <0x40098940 + 0x00173> in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].Add (System.Collections.Generic.TKey key, System.Collections.Generic.TValue value) <0x400a0a70 + 0x0001b> in <filename unknown>:0
at VirtualRadar.Library.DirectoryCache.RefreshFilesInFolder (VirtualRadar.Library.CachedFolderInfo folderInfo, IDirectoryCacheProvider provider, Boolean raiseCacheChanged) <0x40178ff0 + 0x00243> in <filename unknown>:0
at VirtualRadar.Library.DirectoryCache.RefreshFolderCache (System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 cache, System.String folder, IDirectoryCacheProvider provider, Boolean raiseCacheChanged, Boolean cacheSubFolders) <0x40178bc0 + 0x000af> in <filename unknown>:0
at VirtualRadar.Library.DirectoryCache.LoadFiles () <0x40178490 + 0x0022b> in <filename unknown>:0
[2017-03-28 15:27:31.108 UTC] [t5792] Caught exception while reading filenames from /modesmixer/imgs: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException (ExceptionResource resource) <0x4018bb80 + 0x00027> in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].Insert (System.Collections.Generic.TKey key, System.Collections.Generic.TValue value, Boolean add) <0x40098940 + 0x00173> in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].Add (System.Collections.Generic.TKey key, System.Collections.Generic.TValue value) <0x400a0a70 + 0x0001b> in <filename unknown>:0
at VirtualRadar.Library.DirectoryCache.RefreshFilesInFolder (VirtualRadar.Library.CachedFolderInfo folderInfo, IDirectoryCacheProvider provider, Boolean raiseCacheChanged) <0x40178ff0 + 0x00243> in <filename unknown>:0
at VirtualRadar.Library.DirectoryCache.RefreshFolderCache (System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 cache, System.String folder, IDirectoryCacheProvider provider, Boolean raiseCacheChanged, Boolean cacheSubFolders) <0x40178bc0 + 0x000af> in <filename unknown>:0
at VirtualRadar.Library.DirectoryCache.LoadFiles () <0x40178490 + 0x0022b> in <filename unknown>:0

agw

Re: Can't run reports

Postby agw » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:40 pm

The exception looks like it might be choking on two files with the same filename (but different case, e.g. one's upper-case and one's lower-case) in /modesmixer/imgs, which I'm guessing is where you're telling VRS to fetch aircraft pictures from.

I'll add a note to Trello to fix that for the next release but in the meantime you might want to hunt down that pair of files and rename one of them.

I wouldn't have thought that an exception populating the aircraft picture dictionary is going to stop reports from working... but it should be a fairly easy one to work around. If you can't find the pair of pictures that are causing the problem then just temporarily disable aircraft pictures (erase the aircraft pictures folder entry in settings) and restart VRS, then see if the reports are still hanging.

Also you might want to:

a. Try a report that is less likely to hammer the database, e.g. go into the free format report and run a report on a registration that you don't see too often.
b. Open up the browser's JavaScript console (for most web browsers it's F12) and see if you get any errors reported.

Return to “VRS on Linux”