Put Rpi / mono on Web, without UPNP?

Bug reports and questions about running Virtual Radar Server on Linux
cy80rg

Put Rpi / mono on Web, without UPNP?

Postby cy80rg » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:39 pm

Morning all,

Im having an issue putting my VRS instance on the public internet...

**Update - Isee Mono doesnt support UPNP... is there another way to have my VRS on web, without using UPNP?**

The WebAdmin shows the Internet address, but clicking that opens a 404.
Have enabled UPNP - will set to require login once working.
Also running another webserver on the Pi, so have set the port for VRS to 81.

WebAdmin / Home / UPNP says "UPnP support has not been enabled" , even though I've enabled (ticked) both "Enable UPNP" and "Put Server Onto Internet at Startup".

Ultimately, I'd like to be able to show people the site - requiring a login, which I see I can configure elsewhere in WebAdmin...

Thoughts?

agw

Re: Put Rpi / mono on Web, without UPNP?

Postby agw » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:26 am

Yes, I'm afraid that the UPnP feature relies on a Windows DLL so it's not available on the RPI. All UPnP does is set up port forwarding for you, without it you just need to manually set up port forwarding on your router so that incoming traffic for port 81 on your public IP address gets redirected to port 81 at the RPI's IP address.

EDVK-Radar

Postby EDVK-Radar » Sat May 20, 2017 2:11 am

Hello,

I have issues with mono on RPI too.
VRS got the local port 8080, the UPNP or Internetport is 80.
I activated TCP port forwarding for port 80 on port 8080 in my router. I removed the check on UPNP in options.
But put onto Internet is greyed out and the Error UPnP support has not been enabled.
How can I force to put onto Internet with disabled UPnP?

regards

andrewn

Postby andrewn » Sun May 21, 2017 7:07 pm

Reading these post then I think I also am experiencing the same problems...

EDVK-Radar

Postby EDVK-Radar » Sun May 21, 2017 10:10 pm

Ive found a Solution,
Step 1: disable UPNP.

Step 2: check the box "Go to Internet on startup" or how its Name. Its the option under UPNP.

Step 3:Setup your router Port settings, like told in agw,s post.
In my case TCP port 80 on port 8080.(standart ports) the First Port is the Port in the UPNP settings. The second Port is the one with you reach the Server local.

Step 4: restart VRS.

Now it works for me. The Message:"upnp is disabled" is still there and the go to Internet Button ist still grey. But the Server is running and reachable via Internet.

If you want to take the Server off from Internet. Uncheck "go in Internet on startup" box and restart.

PS: dont forget the Google Maps API. Wirhout one you get a Java error when Open your radarscreen via internet.

regards

andrewn

Postby andrewn » Mon May 22, 2017 9:17 am

At last - got mine working as well. Combination of following EDVK's instructions and, most importantly, ensuring that you set up port forwarding correctly!

In my case, despite reading tons of "how to's", I had still failed to grasp that you need to enable forwarding FROM your INTERNAL web port (e.g.8080) to your EXTERNAL web server port (e.g. 80).

Regards

Nick

Return to “VRS on Linux”