Problem Loading WebAdmin Plugin

Bug reports and questions about running Virtual Radar Server on Linux
JimJ

Problem Loading WebAdmin Plugin

Post by JimJ » Wed May 04, 2016 3:00 am

I have been running VRS on Windows for quite some time and am now attempting to run it on a Raspberry Pi. I'm a newbie with Linux, but learning as I go. I have a fresh install of Rasbian 8 with the current version (2.3.1) of VRS running under mono. Initially I had problems loading VRS, but found the other thread here regarding missing the config. file. I copied the three line default config and can now load VRS. I can't configure it until I can get the WebAdmin plugin working. I downloaded the plugin and installed in the plugin folder. Now when I load VRS I get a message at the bottom of the VRS window "1plugin(s) could not be loaded." Selecting Tools > Plugins then clicking on the error link I see the following information :Plugin File Name WebAdmin/VirtualRadar.Plugin.WebAdmin.dll Reason Plugin could not be loaded: Could not load type 'VirtialRadar.Interface.WebSite.IWebAdminViewManager' from assembly 'VirtualRadar.Interface. Version=1.0.0.0.. Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

Reviewing the VirtualRadarLog.txt i see the following entry:
[2016-05-03 00:27:09.401 UTC] [t1] Caught exception loading plugin /home/pi/VirtualRadar/Plugins/WebAdmin/VirtualRadar.Plugin.WebAdmin.dll: <<TOP LEVEL>>: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'VirtualRadar.Interface.WebSite.IWebAdminViewManager' from assembly 'VirtualRadar.Interface, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Module:InternalGetTypes (System.Reflection.Module)
at System.Reflection.Module.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at VirtualRadar.Library.PluginManager+DefaultProvider.LoadTypes (System.String fullPath) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at VirtualRadar.Library.PluginManager.LoadPlugins () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I'm sure its a PEBKAC, but don't know where to look. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

agw

Re: Problem Loading WebAdmin Plugin

Post by agw » Sat May 07, 2016 10:14 pm

The web admin plugin needs support from the server. If you download the VirtualRadar.tar.gz file from the preview page and overwrite your installed copy with the contents of that file then you should be good to go. Basically you just need the preview version of the server as well as the preview version of the web admin plugin.

JimJ

Re: Problem Loading WebAdmin Plugin

Post by JimJ » Sun May 08, 2016 12:29 am

Thanks, loading the preview server solved my problem. Now I'm up and running.