Rpi - no range plots options?

Bug reports and questions about running Virtual Radar Server on Linux
cy80rg

Rpi - no range plots options?

Post by cy80rg » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:02 pm

Morning all,

Haven been running PiAware and dump1090 mutability for over 7 months now, all working fine.

Succesfully installed VRS and the WebAdmin on the Pi (2) - all working as expected.

The main reason I wanted to install VRS on the Pi, constantly running:

JProch's ADSBReceiver (that I also run) only builds range plots during the browser session
VRS on windows builds the range plots as long as it's running - but requires my PC on 24/7

So, the idea was to install VRS on the PI, have it build the range plots, and have it constantly running on the Pi, to build a full picture of the range plots.

Unfortunately, I cant actually get the range plots to work on VRS on the PI?!

Using the WebAdmin, I've set the location of the receiver - I've also done this on the client UI as well (dragging the marker)...

I dont see the range plot option, above the "ShortCuts" item in the map menu?

cy80rg

Re: Rpi - no range plots options?

Post by cy80rg » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:12 pm

Doh!

Just fixed it - didnt notice the "Save" option at the bottom of the WebAdmin page... :roll:

Update posted for others! ;)

Out of interest, will the range plot continue to build while VRS is running, with or without actively running the UI?
My other system requires an active UI to build the range plot - I believe it uses the browser cache...

agw

Re: Rpi - no range plots options?

Post by agw » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:24 am

It's the server that's recording the range plot, it'll be recorded for as long as VRS is running. You don't need to keep the UI active.