Problem with remote feed

Bug reports and questions about running Virtual Radar Server on Linux
flieger28

Problem with remote feed

Post by flieger28 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:12 pm

I have VRS running on an Pi3. It get's date from to different locations. One in the same network and the other over the internet. So far so good.
But it seems every 24h, when the router on the remote site disconnects, VRS is not able to establish the connection again. If i disable the remote feeds and enable them again all is working again. Is there a "trick" or am i missing something?

Regards

agw

Re: Problem with remote feed

Post by agw » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:35 am

When VRS is running under Mono it will automatically use the idle timeout that you set up on the receiver so it should reconnect if no data is received after a minute or so. Are you getting any exceptions in the connection log for the receiver when it's failing to re-establish the connection? Does the bytes received count keep going up even though no messages are being decoded? Is the connection state showing as "connected", "disconnected" or "reconnecting"?

Skibox

Post by Skibox » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:35 pm

flieger28 wrote:I have VRS running on an Pi3. It get's date from to different locations. One in the same network and the other over the internet. So far so good.
But it seems every 24h, when the router on the remote site disconnects, VRS is not able to establish the connection again. If i disable the remote feeds and enable them again all is working again. Is there a "trick" or am i missing something?
Turn the feeds around. Use ModeSmixer2 on all the receivers, and configure them to initiate the connections towards VRS. In VRS, set the receivers to "push".

/M

agw

Post by agw » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:09 pm

Just FYI, there is a bug in the release version of VRS that stops the idle timeout from working properly under Mono. The bug was fixed (or should be :)) for the version that's currently in preview:

http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/Preview.aspx