Feed filter plugin

Bug reports and questions about running Virtual Radar Server on Linux
spotterssol

Feed filter plugin

Post by spotterssol » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:34 am

Hi,

I've installed the Feed Filter Plugin on my RPi/mono, but can't find any way to configure it. It doesn't show up in admin page like the other plugins.
How can I have access to It? Can't find any documentation about...
http://virtualradarserver.co.uk/Files/P ... gin.tar.gz

nitro999

Re: Feed filter plugin

Post by nitro999 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:48 pm

http://127.0.0.1/VirtualRadar/FeedFilter/index.html

Replace 127.0.0.1 with the IP address of the computer running VRS

MattBNA

Post by MattBNA » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:09 am

nitro999 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:48 pm
http://127.0.0.1/VirtualRadar/FeedFilter/index.html

Replace 127.0.0.1 with the IP address of the computer running VRS

I'm having this same issue. I'm using the new version 3.0.0 beta, as well as the Feed Filter plugin that shows available for download with this version. Doesn't matter how many different ways I try the FeedFilter URL, I constantly get 404 errors that the page doesn't exist. The Feed Filter directory tree and files are in the proper location (where they went when I extracted the tarball to install it) and everything looks normal. All other plugins work fine and have for several years now.

Running under Mono on a remote Debian server (not that this should matter).

What am I missing here?

Thanks,
Matt

--

agw

Post by agw » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:39 am

In version 3 you don't need the page part, although it doesn't hurt if you supply it. http://127.0.0.1/VirtualRadar/FeedFilter will work.

Is VRS showing any warnings about plugins not loading?

MattBNA

Post by MattBNA » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:11 am

agw wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:39 am
In version 3 you don't need the page part, although it doesn't hurt if you supply it. http://127.0.0.1/VirtualRadar/FeedFilter will work.

Is VRS showing any warnings about plugins not loading?
No complaints in the log whatsoever.

I'm running under Mono on a remote server, so the localhost address obviously doesn't do me any good from here - but even attempting to load the plugin while connected to my server over the VPN (which gives me an internal address on that side) still doesn't work. Same thing - 404. I've been accessing the WebAdmin plugin for years from home or my phone by connecting to the VPN on the server without any issues whatsoever. FeedFilter, on the other hand, isn't having it.

Just for the heck of it, I attempted to load it locally on the server using the old CLI browser Lynx... Attempting http://127.0.0.1:37200/VirtualRadar/FeedFilter (with and without /Index.html - not that it matters either way) actually gets me a login prompt...but once I supply the proper admin credentials it still throws a 404. Makes no sense as I can see the Index.html file in the ~/VRS/Plugins/FeedFilter/Web/FeedFilter folder.

Thanks again,
Matt

--

agw

Post by agw » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:50 pm

I've just tried it here with the 3.0.0 beta running on Ubuntu 14 and Mono 4.4.2. It's working fine, or at least I'm not getting a status 404 when I try to access it.

Do you have the plugin enabled? If it's disabled then I think it'll return a 404 when you try to access it. It looks like I missed the WebAdmin bits out of the plugin so if you don't have a GUI running for it then it would be an easy thing to overlook, and quite fiddly to correct. I'll add WebAdmin support to the v3 preview version.

In the meantime if you do need to enable it by manually editing the PluginConfiguration.txt file then the line you need to change starts with:

VirtualRadarServer.Plugin.FeedFilter.Options=

The bit that needs (careful) editing is this:

Code: Select all

%3cEnabled%3efalse%3c%2fEnabled%3e%0a
Change it to:

%3cEnabled%3etrue%3c%2fEnabled%3e%0a
i.e. change the "false" to "true".

MattBNA

Post by MattBNA » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:27 pm

agw wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:50 pm
Do you have the plugin enabled? If it's disabled then I think it'll return a 404 when you try to access it.

It looks like I missed the WebAdmin bits out of the plugin so if you don't have a GUI running for it then it would be an easy thing to overlook, and quite fiddly to correct. I'll add WebAdmin support to the v3 preview version.

In the meantime if you do need to enable it by manually editing the PluginConfiguration.txt file then the line you need to change starts with:

VirtualRadarServer.Plugin.FeedFilter.Options=

The bit that needs (careful) editing is this:

%3cEnabled%3efalse%3c%2fEnabled%3e%0a
Change it to:

%3cEnabled%3etrue%3c%2fEnabled%3e%0a
i.e. change the "false" to "true".
I uncompressed the FeedFilter download in the same manner I always have with any other plugins. As it should, it created directories and copied all of the files to their proper locations under the Plugins folder. I have never seen FeedFilter listed off to the side in WebAdmin, so I just assumed it worked based on going to its URL and didn't need to appear in WebAdmin or be enabled/disabled.

As for editing the plugin configuration file... All other plugins are listed in the PluginConfiguration.txt file and work properly...but there is no mention of FeedFilter in that file at all. Not sure how or why something like that would occur?

I have no problem changing the false to true...but can't even do that if the relevant text related to that plugin doesn't even appear in the text file. :)

Suggestions?

Thanks again!

agw

Post by agw » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:18 pm

I've added web admin support to the feed filter plugin. It'll be in the next preview release.

MattBNA

Post by MattBNA » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:45 pm

agw wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:18 pm
I've added web admin support to the feed filter plugin. It'll be in the next preview release.
That's good to know. Thanks!

Does anything I mentioned in my last post make sense regarding installing the plugin and it not even showing up in the PluginConfiguration.txt file?

--

agw

Post by agw » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:22 pm

Yes, it'll be because you have never run the Options screen for the plugin. If you don't have a GUI then you have no way of running the options screen.