VRS crashing on linux

Bug reports and questions about running Virtual Radar Server on Linux
dbrb2

VRS crashing on linux

Post by dbrb2 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:14 pm

Hi,
After doing a system wide package update, VRS loaded via mono (which was working fine) now loads the splash screen...then quits

Are there any useful logs I could check - either for VRS or mono?

The VirtualRadarLog.txt just shows:

[2014-01-14 18:28:12.485 UTC] [t4] Program started, version 1.2.4.36814
[2014-01-14 18:28:12.498 UTC] [t4] Working folder /home/me/.local/share/VirtualRadar

agw

Re: VRS crashing on linux

Post by agw » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:00 am

Diagnosing startup problems under Mono is a pain :) Which Linux distribution are you running under?

You can tell Mono to write a debug log to the console when it runs. Assuming that VirtualRadar.exe is in a folder called bin then the command line for this would be:

Code: Select all

MONO_LOG_LEVEL="info" mono bin/VirtualRadar.exe
"info" can be any one of "error", "critical", "warning", "message", "info" or "debug", with the latter putting out a ton of messages. If you do man mono then it'll show you the options you can use to filter the messages that get dumped.

I'm assuming that you only updated the distribution and not Virtual Radar Server itself? The log is saying that it's version 1.2.4, which is the previous version - if you have updated VRS to 2.0.0 then you might be running a mix of assemblies there, although you would expect Mono to complain when it tries to load it.

alexender

Re: VRS crashing on linux

Post by alexender » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:23 am

the options you can use to filter the messages that get dumped.............!
Save your time and get on time success in C4040-225 dump and testking toefl exams by using our latest Test-king.com and other superb sckans pass resources of Quincy University and Southwestern College