Crashing on RasberryPI

Bug reports and questions about running Virtual Radar Server on Linux
agw

Re: Crashing on RasberryPI

Post by agw » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:02 am

It's on the list (kind of - the web admin screens will be an optional addition to the server GUI, they won't be on by default and they won't replace the server's GUI), but there are two problems:

1) I'd want authentication on the admin screens. In the released version there's no provision for setting up more than one user.
2) I need to find the time to write the admin screens :)

Support for more than one user has been done for the next version. Point (2) is the tricky one.

It will take much less time to add support to VRS for running with no GUI at all so that you can configure and run it from the command-line, I'm hoping to do that fairly soon.

Celestial

Post by Celestial » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:06 am

I think having it run with no GUI would really rock!!!

Lector

Post by Lector » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:20 pm

I was wandering here on forum trying to find an answer why VRS crashes on my Banana PI under raspbian.
Most likely, this is not my case discussed in this thread, but I found a really robust idea about configuring and running VRS from the command-line, spoken out by agw.
That will be great to have it in hands, so no GUI would be needed at all (at least on Linux). Managing the system via terminal session is the most right basic way ever ;)
Andrew, are you going to add this, really?