VRS2.0.2 on Debian7 via Mono

Bug reports and questions about running Virtual Radar Server on Linux
betsuin

VRS2.0.2 on Debian7 via Mono

Post by betsuin » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:09 am

Hi

Installed VRS 2.0.2 onto a Debian7 machine replacing VRS 1.2.4 which had been running for ages. Mono of course.

Some odd behaviour:-

Accessing the machine on my LAN via http://wifi:8080/VirtualRadar/GoogleMap.html is rather hit and miss - often nothing will load or the map will load but nothing to the right. Other times it all displays and works fine.

http://wifi:8080/VirtualRadar/desktop.html works fine but there are no links to any reporting.

desktop.html when a plane is selected shows a small graphic in the top right hand side showing heading - it is off by some several tens of degrees.

desktop.html has no "show options"

I can do reporting via GoogleMap.html - heights and speeds not metric even though the server is configured to display metric. I installed the latest databasewriter plugin.

Perhaps I have missed something simple?

agw

Re: VRS2.0.2 on Debian7 via Mono

Post by agw » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:51 am

betsuin wrote:desktop.html works fine but there are no links to any reporting.
In the version 2 site the links to reports are under the Menu button on the map.
betsuin wrote:a small graphic in the top right hand side showing heading - it is off by some several tens of degrees
The graphic isn't showing the aircraft's heading, it shows the bearing from the browser's current location to the aircraft.
betsuin wrote:desktop.html has no "show options"
The options have been moved to the Menu button as well :)

betsuin

Post by betsuin » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:12 am

agw wrote:
betsuin wrote:desktop.html works fine but there are no links to any reporting.
In the version 2 site the links to reports are under the Menu button on the map.
betsuin wrote:a small graphic in the top right hand side showing heading - it is off by some several tens of degrees
The graphic isn't showing the aircraft's heading, it shows the bearing from the browser's current location to the aircraft.
betsuin wrote:desktop.html has no "show options"
The options have been moved to the Menu button as well :)
:oops: Ah! was something simple I missed - cheers.

The GoogleMap.html page is still supported? - as above it will only load some of the time - not a big issue as the desktop.html is v.nice :)

agw

Post by agw » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:42 am

It's supported for the next couple of releases until the new site has bedded in, then I'm taking it out. When it fails to load do you get any messages in the browser's JavaScript console?