Centos 6.3

Bug reports and questions about running Virtual Radar Server on Linux
jmhayes

Centos 6.3

Post by jmhayes » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:41 am

Long time user on the Wnidows platform, trying it for the first time today on Linux. I also get the libpng error string upon launch. I added the DatabaseWriter plugin, and got an error when I had it try to make a fresh BaseStation.sqb ... unhandled exception stacktrace attached. So then I just brought over one of my populated BaseStation.sqb files, and now it won't start at all. I get the splash screen and then it goes away and I get my shell prompt back.

I had to use the epel repo to get mono:

# yum --enablerepo epel install mono-winforms mono-extras mono-devel mono-wcf

There's no "mono-complete" in epel.

Before I put the database writer plugin there, I was able to run and connect to the port 30003 source. But: when I clicked File->Exit, the GUI would vanish but the process kept running.
Attachments
mono-error.png
mono-error.png (214.39 KiB) Viewed 3139 times

jmhayes

Re: Centos 6.3

Post by jmhayes » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:27 pm

Now this morning I notice that it won't connect to PlanePlotter anymore. I'm using PlanePlotter as the post 30003 output source. All the display says is "Cannot connect" -- no reason like connection refused or whatnot. I have no trouble connecting with telnet to that port ... a restart didn't fix things.

agw

Post by agw » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:27 pm

Taking the problems in order, it would be interesting to see if the database writer problem is the same as the one under Ubuntu 10. If you go into the application's configuration folder and either rename Configuration.xml or edit it and remove the entry for the database filename then - if it's the same problem as under Ubuntu 10 - it should start. Under Ubuntu 10 SQLite bombs out on startup if the database filename has been configured. I may be able to fix that by using the SQLite provider built into Mono rather than a Mono build of the ADO.NET SQLite provider, but I'm doing the processing of raw messages before I look at that one. Nearly done on raw message processing! :)

Onto the cannot connect problem - if (when you manage to start the program) you go into Tools | Open VirtualRadarLog.txt do you get any messages towards the end of the log about why it won't connect, are there any logged exceptions? If you do Tools | Reconnect to BaseStation then does it spring back into life?

jmhayes

Post by jmhayes » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:51 am

agw wrote:If you go into the application's configuration folder and either rename Configuration.xml or edit it and remove the entry for the database filename then - if it's the same problem as under Ubuntu 10 - it should start.
Yeah, it starts up that way, but of course it means there's no database.
Onto the cannot connect problem - if (when you manage to start the program) you go into Tools | Open VirtualRadarLog.txt do you get any messages towards the end of the log about why it won't connect, are there any logged exceptions? If you do Tools | Reconnect to BaseStation then does it spring back into life?
None of that worked, and in fact I was unable to post the Tools menu during that time. I guess there was just Something Messed Up going on. It's back being able to connect now, and there weren't any exceptions in the log.