strange VRS output

Bug reports and questions about running Virtual Radar Server on Linux
ianhind

strange VRS output

Post by ianhind » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:06 pm

I successfully installed VRS 2.02 on Debian 7.7 but get the following strange output from the server:

The labels are in the correct position but the symbols are all gathered together (I've drawn a red box around them).

What have I done wrong ( sorry Andy, I always seem to come up with a problem each time I try VRS!). Got the same problem after installing on Mint 17 and Point Linux (a lightweight distro)

I also tried installing on Ubuntu 14.10 but VRS failed to run with the same errors as mentioned in the VRS on Debian 7 first post - problem with X?. Not liking Ubuntu much any more.

Ian

jonfear

Re: strange VRS output

Post by jonfear » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:26 pm

Hi Ian

Have you tried using the desktop (/desktop.html) or mobile (/mobile.html) maps rather than the googlemap (/Googlemap.htm) page? the googlemap page is depreciated and contains issues.

Hopefully one or the other might help.

Sorry for taking so long to spot this, I thought it may be an Andrew fix! Amazing what cake can do for the powers of observation...

Best wishes

Jon
http://www.360radar.co.uk, the new name for MLAT Radar in the UK and Western Europe.

Former PP feeder Bm. No longer feeding. I do not have time to sort out imaginary problems with NTP
when it has been working fine for 2+ Years.

ianhind

Post by ianhind » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:54 am

Both of those options worked! Thanks.

I didn't see anything but the GoogleMap option in the instructions - perhaps it is hidden away in the Windows version?

No matter, the important bit is the engine behind the graphics works.

Ian

jonfear

Post by jonfear » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:20 pm

Hi Ian

Glad it worked.

May I suggest that there may be a bug that needs reporting...

2.0.3 is coming soon and it would be nice to ensure that this is covered...

Thanks

Jon
http://www.360radar.co.uk, the new name for MLAT Radar in the UK and Western Europe.

Former PP feeder Bm. No longer feeding. I do not have time to sort out imaginary problems with NTP
when it has been working fine for 2+ Years.

agw

Post by agw » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:21 pm

I think this has been fixed for 2.0.3, if I remember correctly the marker label library was out of date for the v1 site.