Command line without X

Bug reports and questions about running Virtual Radar Server on Linux
emg

Re: Command line without X

Post by emg » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:09 pm

That makes sense. I was trying to set it up to run as a server script, so stdin probably would be /dev/null or something else not useful.

I'll try the updated version, thanks.

emg

Post by emg » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:23 pm

OK, that's better, thanks. I'm only seeing 3-6% CPU usage now (and that's on a 1.6GHz Atom, so not a lot of CPU to use :)).

Tcheno

Post by Tcheno » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:40 pm

Gald I finaly found this thread.
Was finally able to get rid of having to load X to start VRS and can now do it over ssh.
This new version is much easier on CPU and RAM load on my Pi2

Have just one thing I'd like to ask, has anyone been able to get silhouettes showing? Operators logo show just fine...

ianhind

Post by ianhind » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:16 am

Andrew

Any progress on web configuration of the headless version? Or is it of limited value so you concentrate any spare time on maintaining the main program?

I'm just after an update :D

Ian

Update: Further detail is that I'm looking to run VRS on a Pi. Had an idea that perhaps running VRS with a screen attached and the Pi running X display might allow me to do the setup. Then remove X from startup and run the -nogui option. VRS starts up ok (some Glib-GObject errors?) with the settings screen. But as soon as I open the Tools/Options screen it crashes back to the terminal. Ah well it seemed like a good idea ;)

agw

Post by agw » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:47 am

It's not so much concentrating on the main program, more that work is getting in the way of spending lots of time on VRS :) I just need a good chunk of time to break the back on it. But no, at the moment there are a bunch of smaller plugins I said I'd get done, and I'm doing those first. Once they're out of the way I'll return to the admin plugin.