Routes all wrong

Having a problem with the routes site, or want to report a missing airline or airport? This is the place for you.
perlguy9

Routes all wrong

Post by perlguy9 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:41 am

Hi there. I've got VRS running successfully, but it seems like a huge percentage of the route information is incorrect. How can I tell if I'm getting updates? The checkbox to get them is checked. Is this normal?

Thanks

agw

Re: Routes all wrong

Post by agw » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:02 pm

There's a menu entry under Tools somewhere that tells you the date and time of the last standing data file that the program has downloaded.

If you're in Australia or New Zealand then you will have more than your fair share of incorrect routes. Australia and New Zealand assign two letter codes to national operators that clash with established IATA codes and you end up with the Flying Doctors showing Aeromexico routes etc. I have a plan to deal with this, I just need to implement it.

Otherwise when you see an incorrect route you can click the link to the SDM site in the aircraft detail panel and submit the correct route for the callsign.

EGPE3

Re: Routes all wrong

Post by EGPE3 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:05 pm

This is also the time of year when many operators change their call signs. It takes a while for people like you and me to note the changes and upload them as mentioned above, and then there's a short interval while they're checked and approved.