Route processing stalled?

Having a problem with the routes site, or want to report a missing airline or airport? This is the place for you.
elljay

Route processing stalled?

Postby elljay » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:33 am

Hi, just wondering if the batch processing has stalled - I've got pending batches showing as pending from 12/11.

Thanks

CharlieAlpha

Re: Route processing stalled?

Postby CharlieAlpha » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:26 pm

Unless Andrew has changed things I don't think there is an automatic "route processing" component to stall. Andrew applies the updates manually. Depending on how busy he is it can take a few days (occasionally a week) for submitted updates to be applied and propagated back out to users via the standing database.

Charlie

elljay

Postby elljay » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:30 am

Ah, ok, thanks. In which case thanks for pressing the button last night, Andrew. :)

agw

Postby agw » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:15 am

I wouldn't get too worried about batches being left pending for a couple of days :) As CharlieAlpha says, the batch approval is a manual process. I scan through the batches before they're applied to the database to weed out vandalism (not that I've seen any so far, touch wood) and try to pick up on positioning flights, charters etc., fix any mistakes that I notice, that sort of thing.

Return to “Routes”