Continental flags

Having a problem with the routes site, or want to report a missing airline or airport? This is the place for you.
agardk

Continental flags

Post by agardk » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:00 pm

I have a question about the airline flags. I live in the KEWR area, which was the home to Continental and is now a major United hub since the takeover. So I see a lot of United traffic in the area. The problem is that a good number of these flights are still showing the Continental logo flag in VRS, even though the flight/callsigns are correctly indicating UA/UAL Is this something that just needs to be changed in one of the databases somewhere?

agw

Re: Continental flags

Post by agw » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:22 pm

The flags come out of your own BaseStation.sqb database - there are a couple of ways of correcting them. The first is to download something like BaseStation Reporter and edit them by hand (Kinetic's downloads page is out for the count at the moment but SBS Resources might have an installer for it, not sure: http://www.sbs-resources.com/). The field you need to correct is the OperatorFlagCode.

If you're using SBSPopulate then the second approach is to get that to auto-correct your records. I'm not sure how long it will take but it could be a while :)