Angara airline ICAO code AGU is missing

Having a problem with the routes site, or want to report a missing airline or airport? This is the place for you.
Lector

Angara airline ICAO code AGU is missing

Post by Lector » Mon May 12, 2014 4:24 pm

Hi, just found that russian airline "Angara" can't be found by its fligh's callsigns IK*** in the routes database. They carry "AGU" ICAO code but IK is not recognized as existing IATA code for them. Please check if this could be possible to get corrected.
Thanks!

agw

Re: Angara airline ICAO code AGU is missing

Post by agw » Tue May 13, 2014 12:49 am

IK is the IATA code for Ikar (according to the IATA - https://www.iata.org/publications/Pages ... earch.aspx). Angara's code is 2G, however the routes site didn't have any IATA for them. I've now set it to 2G.

I've also added Ikar, they were missing entirely.

Lector

Post by Lector » Tue May 13, 2014 6:26 am

Same to "Taimyr Airline" ("NordStar Airlines" brand name). Neither ICAO "TYA" nor IATA "Y7" can be found for route submision.
Could you please add them as well?
upd: can't submit the routes which are belongs to the mentioned airlines. Route checker rejects those routes due to character's part of callsign and airline code does not match.
For example: Callsign IK756 does not match to airline code 2G. What should I do in that case?

agw

Post by agw » Tue May 20, 2014 12:52 am

Sorry for the delay, I overlooked the posting :) I've now added Nordstar.

IK756 isn't an Angara flight number, it's an Ikar flight number. An Angara flight 756 should have a callsign of either 2G756 or AGU756. Are you saying that they're using Ikar's IATA code in their callsigns? If so then neither VRS nor the routes website can support that, the routes would just have to be assigned to Ikar.