Question about old batch outstanding

Having a problem with the routes site, or want to report a missing airline or airport? This is the place for you.
jazzbassNick

Question about old batch outstanding

Post by jazzbassNick » Fri May 23, 2014 3:01 pm

I went to add a route and got the notice that there's a duplicate in batch number 1430.
Considering my currently open batch is 5763, 1430 must've occurred quite some time ago.

Anything I can/should do from my end or am I at the mercy of whomever opened that batch and never submitted it?

Thanks,
N

agw

Re: Question about old batch outstanding

Post by agw » Fri May 23, 2014 5:35 pm

That duplicates warning is just a warning - you can go ahead and add the route to the batch. If whoever owns that batch subsequently submits it (which is unlikely given the age of it) then I'll see it's overwriting one of your routes and take a look to see whether they're correct or not, and omit the route from the batch if they're wrong / out-of-date.

When I get some time, which isn't going to be any time soon, I'm going to revise the SDM site so that less emphasis is placed on callsigns present in other batches. I'm also going to timeout older batches, either removing them or auto-submitting them, depending on how old they are.

jazzbassNick

Post by jazzbassNick » Fri May 23, 2014 5:55 pm

Cool - Thanks Andrew. Didn't want to muck anything up by proceeding as normal ;)

CharlieAlpha

Post by CharlieAlpha » Fri May 23, 2014 7:37 pm

I have also come up against the "duplicate route" and was confused about whether to submit my route or not, so thanks for the update.

What might be nice / useful is if the pending route could be shown rather than just the warning. Then if it matches my route I wouldn't bother to submit it again and it might save Andrew sometime having to resolve the duplicates and edit batches.

Charlie

jonfear

Post by jonfear » Fri May 23, 2014 8:21 pm

All

Timing out old batches is a sensible thing to do. We have now started the summer charter season in Europe and there are many routes that are invalid for British based airlines like Thompson and Thomas Cook. The change from winter to summer will account for most of them, different routes. My guess is that there will be other countries airlines as well, i cannot believe that this is a British only problem!

Jon
http://www.360radar.co.uk, the new name for MLAT Radar in the UK and Western Europe.

Former PP feeder Bm. No longer feeding. I do not have time to sort out imaginary problems with NTP
when it has been working fine for 2+ Years.