A fair few missing/invalid routes

Having a problem with the routes site, or want to report a missing airline or airport? This is the place for you.
MarkRennie

A fair few missing/invalid routes

Post by MarkRennie » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:58 pm

I decided to play at the weekend and finally got my Pi setup (using VDR on my Intel NUC, fed by the Pi). Anyway, it works brilliantly thank you, but I am seeing a lot of "route not known" and some that are wrong after checking with FR24. Is it something I have done wrong? attached are 2 screenshots from today.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (41.13 KiB) Viewed 2666 times
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (100.67 KiB) Viewed 2666 times
Cheers
Mark

jonfear

Re: A fair few missing/invalid routes

Post by jonfear » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:15 pm

Hi Mark

Here's your chance to shine and put something back!

If you register here: http://sdm.virtualradarserver.co.uk/.

You will be able to do route updates on what you see. You can also register your site if you wish for the VRS Directory.

HTH

Jon
http://www.360radar.co.uk, the new name for MLAT Radar in the UK and Western Europe.

Former PP feeder Bm. No longer feeding. I do not have time to sort out imaginary problems with NTP
when it has been working fine for 2+ Years.

MarkRennie

Post by MarkRennie » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:23 pm

and that I can do! Nice one thanks!

CharlieAlpha

Post by CharlieAlpha » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:57 pm

Mark

There are always lots of unknown or changed routes around the time the 'clocks change'. Most airlines change from the winter to summer (or vice versa) timetables. Any help adding routes will be greatly appreciated by all.

Charlie

MarkRennie

Post by MarkRennie » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:30 pm

how often are the routes approved? Thinking of adding a few more but I already have several pending. Should I keep adding them and say once a week bulk send?

CharlieAlpha

Post by CharlieAlpha » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:58 pm

Basically they get approved when Andrew gets around to it... which kind of depends on how busy he is with maintenance/development of VRS, answering queries on the forum, updating operator codes, type codes in the reference database etc ... oh and of course doing his "day job" and having a life.

I just submit routes when I have them ... some times it takes a week before they are approved; some times they are done the next day. At the moment I think I have 4 or 5 batches awaiting with 120+ routes. If a batch hasn't been processed I just reopen it and add more until I reach the 30 route limit or it is processed. The oldest batch was started 6 days ago so it's probably due for a processing run soon.

Charlie

MarkRennie

Post by MarkRennie » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:44 am

thanks Charlie
:D people have real lives?

agw

Post by agw » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:01 pm

It's mostly the day job that's causing issues at the moment :)