Routes Install

Having a problem with the routes site, or want to report a missing airline or airport? This is the place for you.
w3worbryan

Routes Install

Post by w3worbryan » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:23 am

Dumb question but how do I get the Routes into my VRS ? DO I download them everyday and if so where do I save them and how do I configure the software to recognize them?
Thanks...

Martin

Re: Routes Install

Post by Martin » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:16 pm

In VRS "Tools" + "Options" under General there is a tick box "Download flight route updates". I think that setting this means that the routes are downloaded when VRS is started. If, like me, you leave VRS running for extended periods, then under "Tools" in VRS you will find "Download Data..." which will let you force a refresh of routes.

Martin

agw

Re: Routes Install

Post by agw » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:49 am

By default VRS checks for new routes at startup and then every hour after that. However the routes are only rebuilt on the server once a day (around 00:45 UK time), so you should only get one download a day. If you clear the tick from "Download flight route updates" then VRS won't check for updates and you'll need to use the menu option instead when you want to get fresh routes.