Please add new airline Qazaq Air

Having a problem with the routes site, or want to report a missing airline or airport? This is the place for you.
daurik

Please add new airline Qazaq Air

Postby daurik » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:04 pm

Qazaq Air IQ/ZXZ

agw

Re: Please add new airline Qazaq Air

Postby agw » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:34 am

I've deactivated AUB/IQ Augsburg Airways and added IQ Qazaq Air.

ZXZ is a code that airlines can use if they don't have an ICAO code allocated (http://www4.icao.int/3LD/Home/Rules). The last thing I could find for Qazaq regarding their ICAO is that they've applied for one but they haven't had one allocated yet, but as they're not flying international routes it's not an issue.

If they're flying under ZXZ callsigns then you won't be able to create routes for them until they get an ICAO. I can't allocate ZXZ to an airline because more than one airline could (in theory) use it. You can create routes under the IQ IATA code but VRS will only be able to pick those up if the aircraft is transmitting callsigns that start with IQ. It won't be able to figure out that ZXZ123's route is stored under IQ123.

daurik

Postby daurik » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:44 pm

Oh, I am sorry I didn't know about it. That means that they don't have permissions for operation, but they do...

agw

Postby agw » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:13 pm

No worries :) I think they're OK flying with ZXZ as long as they stay in Kazakhstan, my reading of the rules is that those codes are for national use.

daurik

Postby daurik » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:23 pm

Now they have IATA and ICAO codes: IQ/QAZ Could you please add it to database?

agw

Postby agw » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:57 am

If you hold on until the weekend I should have airline submissions up and running on the SDM site. I've done almost all of the work for them, I just need to iron out one kink, add some lookup buttons and test it. I'm confident that it'll be up by the end of the weekend.

Return to “Routes”