Reports: Filter out certain HEX Codes

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
skaw

Reports: Filter out certain HEX Codes

Post by skaw » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:02 pm

Hello,

after searching and reading several threads i finally found a somehow satisfying solution to save and store different reports which contains silhouettes and operator logos on my harddrive. Actually i print the reports as pdf files, i.e. all US military aircrafts my receiver picked up the last month. There is only one thing that bugs me and i don't find a working solution. Inside these reports there are certain HEX Codes which are not an aicraft, i.e. 445566. Is there some way to filter these out? i tried the different "ICAO" criterias but didn't have any luck :(

EDIT:

And another thing regarding own aircraft pictures..Since there are always two pictures grabbed from airport-data.com in the details panel of a plane i was wondering if it is possible to put two pictures per plane in the pictures folder and show them?

agw

Re: Reports: Filter out certain HEX Codes

Post by agw » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:56 pm

You could add a condition to the criteria to only show aircraft that have a registration that is not blank. That should filter out dud ICAOs that are in the military range for a country but don't have any details associated with them.

Regarding multiple pictures - no, VRS only keeps track of the first picture that it finds for an aircraft. AirportData.com thumbnails are handled differently to local pictures.

skaw

Post by skaw » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:37 am

Thanks for clearing that out. Is it perhaps possible with the Custom Content Plugin to use two pictures?

Another Custom Content Plugin Question:

In the aircraft list panel the background color is alternating grey and white. How can i change the background color only for military aircrafts?

agw

Post by agw » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:55 pm

I'm afraid not, the server is responsible for keeping track of which aircraft have local pictures and the server is only keeping track of a single picture for each aircraft.

The background colours for the aircraft list rows are managed in jquery.vrs.aircraftList.ts. It has a bunch of code that's keeping track of the state for each row so that it only changes the classes when it needs to, and that code is only tracking the "Interested" and "Emergency" states. It would need major surgery to add more states via the custom content plugin.

You could potentially flag every military aircraft as interesting when it's fetched from the server and have them show up that way but the current JavaScript doesn't make that easy. You can hook an event that's raised when the aircraft list is fetched and set the interesting flag from there but the order of execution of the event listeners is not guaranteed, it's possible for your event listener to run after the aircraft list's handler for the same event has been called and has redrawn the list.

This inability to get hold of the aircraft list and mess with it before anything else tries to use it has stymied a couple of other things. I'll add some kind of prepass event to the aircraft list fetcher that lets people alter the list before the "list refreshed" event. I'll put that into the next release. If you remind me after the next release then I can do you a script that flags all military aircraft as interesting without you having to actually flag them as such in the database.

skaw

Post by skaw » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:36 pm

Thanks for the answers!

As for the script you mentioned. I appreciate it but there is no real need for that as i am building up my own database and edit any military A/C myself. Knowing that the interesting flag puts the A/C ontop and bold is actually what i was looking for. This will do!

antonov124

Post by antonov124 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:53 pm

Hi Team, i see the HEX 445566 in the desktopreport.html about 453 times ;(
Any idea to block them there?

agw

Post by agw » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:40 am

Install the feed filter plugin and then tell it to filter out 445566.

antonov124

Post by antonov124 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:11 pm

thx worked ;)