Multiple Op Codes but only one instance shows in list

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
Sketco

Multiple Op Codes but only one instance shows in list

Post by Sketco » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:48 pm

Hi,
I currently have a problem whereby STK ( Stobart Air) operator code shows for multiple aircraft in the list, but the Logo only shows in one of the instances. There are no missing fields (except for Flag) for the STK aircraft in the list, and so far only seems to affect STK op code. For example C/S: STK62P op code: STK Has a logo, but C/S: STK3287 op code: STK does not. For any given number of STK op codes in the list, only one shows the logo.
The associated .BMP is correctly labelled STK. I have deleted and reinstalled the logo and ensured it is 85x20 in line with all the other logos.
What am I missing?

Sketco

Re: Multiple Op Codes but only one instance shows in list

Post by Sketco » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:02 pm

OK, well it seems to have fixed itself overnight, left it running and this morning all was well. So far all instances of STK are filling up the Ops Logo/Flag field.
I have no idea how this happened. Any thoughts? is it a database update thing? if so, does it only update at certain times?
I would love to know how this works as I added a few operator logos this morning and some have updated over the last few hours and some haven't.

agw

Post by agw » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:32 pm

VRS tells the browser to cache operator logos for a few hours to save being repeatedly asked for the same image over and over again. If there is no logo for a given operator code then when the browser asks for (e.g.) STK.png it'll be sent back a transparent 85x20 rectangle. That gets cached by the browser. If you add an STK.png before the browser's cache expires then the browser won't ask VRS for it because it's already got an STK.png in the cache.

TL;DR you need to clear the browser's cache if you change or add operator flags or silhouettes.

Sketco

Post by Sketco » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:19 pm

Ah,
Thank you, much appreciated.