New Type FR24 Receiver with LED screen VRS Config Instructions?

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
paradiselost

New Type FR24 Receiver with LED screen VRS Config Instructions?

Post by paradiselost » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:37 pm

FR24 has changed their feeder receiver to one they manufacture themselves.

The VRS legacy receiver settings don't seem to work with the new receiver since the receiver requires a username and mac address, in the proper case, to access the receiver for VRS feeding purposes.

When the receiver is configured in VRS by local IP number and Port Number without a PassPhrase the receiver connects but does not track. Likewise, when the receiver mac address is added to the passphrase line it connects as before but no tracking.

In order to access the status page from a browser requires both username and mac address, Just entering the receiver IP address in the browser brings up the two item login screen. I have tried with push and without in VRS receiver configuration using just the mac address as the passphrase.

I was not required to use push previously with the legacy FR24 receivers so my understanding of the reason behind it are sketchy. I am on the preview version.

I think if someone gives me the correct passphrase syntax the receiver will start sharing data on the designated port. I have turned the windows firewall off and on, same results.

HELP!

paradiselost

paradiselost

Re: New Type FR24 Receiver with LED screen VRS Config Instructions?

Post by paradiselost » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:08 pm

paradiselost wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:37 pm
FR24 has changed their feeder receiver to one they manufacture themselves.

The VRS legacy receiver settings don't seem to work with the new receiver since the receiver requires a username and mac address, in the proper case, to access the receiver for VRS feeding purposes.

When the receiver is configured in VRS by local IP number and Port Number without a PassPhrase the receiver connects but does not track. Likewise, when the receiver mac address is added to the passphrase line it connects as before but no tracking.

paradiselost
In order to allow VRS to track the new FR24 Receivers with LED display, if you are transitioning from their Beast receiver, change the Format from AVR or Beast to Basestation.

For Network Address enter your present Local IP for the FR24 receiver.

The old port number is disabled with the new receivers so change the port number to 30003.

No PassPhrase is needed.

Click OK.

VRS will start tracking the new FR24 with LED display, receiver's aircraft.

The one caveat is the Basestation format will get some bad messages. The Basetation format isn't exactly correct but it serves our purposes.

paradiselost