Receivers - What's Everyone Using?

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
brotherphil

Re: Receivers - What's Everyone Using?

Postby brotherphil » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:45 pm

Just updated my setup a bit. I'm now taking a feed from a Raspberry Pi 3, with the aforementioned RTL-SDR strapped on the back. This is now on my bedroom windowsill, plugged into a QFH that I built for trying to pick up weather satellites.
I'm running dump1090 on the receiver box, and picking that up from my laptop. Waiting to see how the reception goes, but the skyhook is down the bottom of the garden, which ought to clear up some of the blockage from the building. Also, running the reciever on a separate box will hopefully avoid any processor load issues.

perl

Postby perl » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:32 pm

Skibox wrote:Hi,

I have many different receivers and locations running, including

5 FR24/Radarcapes
2 Mode-S-Beasts
4 Rpi dump1090-mutability with RTL-dongles

and several other systems including an SBS-1 and a SBS-3 connected to my VRS.

Most interesting fact;

If you provide an 820T2-dongle with a good antenna, and a good bandpass filter, it has the same range as a Radarcape...

Here is an example of a comparison between a FA Prostick and a Radarcape, sharing the same antenna with a professional splitter, and a 0.8dB 9-cavity bandpass filter in front of the ProStick. Guess which one has the slightly better range... ?

http://adsb.marcusaa.fastmail.fm/Pictures/F-ESDF1%20Coverage%20comparison%201%20%202016-06-19.jpg

/M

Hi Skibox,

Can You tell me where You have bought Your cavity filter ?

Per
Per Laustsen
T-EKOD10 Raspberry Pi3 B - DVB-T dongle - A3 ADS-B antenna - SMA Filter | Lattitude 55.04233 - Longitude 10.617180

Skibox

Postby Skibox » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:28 pm

I found some surplus filters on Ebay that works really well and would have cost a fortune to buy new.

But I can recommend this one as well:

http://shop.sysmocom.de/products/cf1090-kt30

/M

Return to “General Discussion”