Editing db to change Civil/Military

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
Me109

Editing db to change Civil/Military

Post by Me109 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:44 pm

This has me stumped.

There is an a/c in the local .sqb database that is coded as civil. In the Aircraft table for the appropriate record, I set the UserString4 field to "M" believing this would effect the change. It doesn't appear to have done anything as running a report against the specific registration still shows civil. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?

Thanks.

DeWoert

Re: Editing db to change Civil/Military

Post by DeWoert » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:38 pm

I used the folowing method to correct some Civil and Military a/c:
http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/Cod ... rides.aspx

CharlieAlpha

Post by CharlieAlpha » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:31 pm

I am pretty sure VRS doesn't use the UserString4 or UserString5 fields from the basestation database for anything. The civil/military distinction is determined by the modes codeblock as highlighted above. This is part of the standingdata database, so if you change or add your own entries they might (will probably?) get overwrit en when the database is refreshed.

If you tell Andrew the aircraft in question he will probably add it to the standingdata database.

HTH

Charlie

Me109

Post by Me109 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:43 pm

Thank you both for the information. That is exactly what I was looking for.

The ICAO isn't a US based one but the repeated callsign usage and flight history leads me to believe it is a US military flight. Therefore I was thinking of making the edit locally, rather than asking anyone to change the "master" db.