Flag behaviour?

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
matthys70

Flag behaviour?

Post by matthys70 » Wed May 25, 2016 3:43 pm

Okay .. I'm a bit lost as I had to reinstall Virtual Radar (now 2.3.1) after not using it for couple of months but notice some different behaviour in how the flags are displayed.

So I hope somebody could explain .. maybe I do something wrong?
In the version I used before (2.1.0) if there was a image with registration of the plane if would use that, else it would use the Operator ICAO. These images are all in the OperatorFlags folder.
But I notice I have a lot of empty ones if there is no Operator ICAO specified but there is an image with registration in the OperatorFlags folder.

Is this normal behaviour?

Thanks,
Matthijs

agw

Re: Flag behaviour?

Post by agw » Sun May 29, 2016 1:56 pm

I took the registration lookup out because some registrations were indistinguishable from model types or operator flags, it was causing the wrong flags to be displayed for some aircraft. However, you can switch it back on with the custom content plugin.

If you install the custom content plugin, save the following to a file called SwitchRegistrationFlagOverrideOn.html and then tell the custom content plugin to add it to the END of HEAD for address *

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript">
    if(VRS && VRS.globalDispatch && VRS.serverConfig) {
        VRS.globalDispatch.hook(VRS.globalEvent.bootstrapCreated, function(bootStrap) {
            VRS.globalOptions.aircraftAllowRegistrationFlagOverride = true;
        });
    }
</script>
Instructions for configuring the custom content plugin can be found here:

http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/Doc ... tings.aspx

matthys70

Post by matthys70 » Tue May 31, 2016 10:51 am

THANKS ..and yes I know as I reported this bug as well.
Thought are the logo's not in separate folders and should be no issue, right?

Operator Flags (and registration) logo's = OperatorFlags
Silhouettes logo's = SilhouettesLogos

agw

Post by agw » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:24 am

From what I remember the site sends a set of alternative codes for the flags, e.g. the registration and the operator code, and there were registrations that were clashing with codes. Because the registration had precedence it ended up showing the wrong flag for people that didn't have registration flags in their operator flags folder but did have an operator flag that matched the registration, so it wound up showing the wrong operator flag. It was something along those lines.

matthys70

Post by matthys70 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:01 am

Bit off-topic, this is what I mentioned about wrong flag in previous version (see last bit Questions about VR 2.1.0):
matthys70 wrote:I was familiar with that problem, in my case it sometimes took Silhouette and not the Registration if there was no Operation Code.
In that case the Registration of the plane was the same as the Type code....
I rather would like to see Operation Code or Registration by pull-down box or by custom content plugin configurable.
Not associated with Type (Silhouette)... also do not understand why to take Type, as Silhouettes are in different folder.
What I remember it mainly happens with military planes where registration is like M4 or so....

Skibox

Post by Skibox » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:29 pm

What about linking custom Op Flags to ICAO-hex instead of a Reg ? Would that work? There would be no risk of mix-up with operator codes, and still provide the same functionality ?

/M