Limitation in column "seen" ?

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
Capecod

Limitation in column "seen" ?

Post by Capecod » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:50 pm

Hi there,

Is there a limitation of "seen" aircraft column ?

My VRS run 24h a day an the max "seen" aircraft seem to be around 854, never more

Any explanation ? can we go above ?

In good coop

Capecod

agw

Re: Limitation in column "seen" ?

Post by agw » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:56 am

The limit is going to be 2 to the power of 63 so no, there's no practical limit. The aircraft that's currently selected in my home instance of VRS has been seen 5,086 times. The figure is the number of flight records for the aircraft so I'm guessing that you might have a BaseStation.sqb that you downloaded from somewhere and you don't have anything configured up to write new flight records for it? If that's the case then you can use the Database Writer plugin to add new aircraft and flight records to your BaseStation.sqb.

Alternatively you could be running something that's deleting old flight records, maybe those over a year old?

Capecod

Re: Limitation in column "seen" ?

Post by Capecod » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:41 am

Hi agw

I create my basestation.sqb two years ago from scratch and have actually 9162 entries
The 2 first options in database writer option plugin are thiked ("enabled" and "only update databases that this plugin created")

Happy new year to everyone :P :P

Capecod