Amending the Web HTML

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
Rka81

Amending the Web HTML

Post by Rka81 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:46 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone may be able to assist - I wish to amend the website design of the default web page (desktop.html / mobile.html) and am away that I can inject css changes but if I wanted a complete redesign for example is this achievable by injection alone - I don't seem to be able to directly edit the HTML documents - I take it that this is the expected behaviour ?

Thanks in advance

agw

Re: Amending the Web HTML

Post by agw » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:00 am

Not being able to edit the HTML is by design, it means that modifications can be switched off by just disabling the custom content plugin and it also means you don't lose your modifications when you update VRS.

To completely replace the site just set the site root in the custom content plugin to another folder and have your replacement files in there. VRS will look for files in your site root first and if it can't find them then it'll look in the standard site root so you don't need to reproduce the entire site in your root, just the files that you want to replace.

Rka81

Re: Amending the Web HTML

Post by Rka81 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:12 pm

Thank you that was very helpful - I will look at trying that later on tonight.

Thanks again