AircraftList.json filter

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
Sergio

AircraftList.json filter

Postby Sergio » Wed May 10, 2017 12:00 pm

I'm new to this platform and this is my first post here.
I'm working in a web app where I would like to show in a specific airway and show only the airplanes which are navigating through the selected airway.

What I know is airways has a name and this airway is divided by segments delimited by 'start code' and 'end code' which correspond with the airports codes, I think.

So I'm trying to use the AircraftList.json to get airplanes info in JSON format but I need to filter it by the segment of the selected airway. I do not know if there is any way to filter the data in that way but in the AircraftList.json documentation, in the filter sections, there is an option that could work (fAir String The to / from / via airport code) but I did not make it work because I do not understand what I should put in the value field ...

agw

Re: AircraftList.json filter

Postby agw » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:42 pm

Sorry for the delay in replying! The values you'd use with the filters in question would be airport code - by default the IATA airport code. However, that's not going to help if you want to restrict the aircraft to just those following an airway. Airways are defined in terms of named waypoints, which aren't necessarily airfields. VRS doesn't know anything about waypoints or airways so there's no way for it to filter the traffic for you.

Return to “General Discussion”