HEX Codes

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
egpd1701

HEX Codes

Postby egpd1701 » Thu May 25, 2017 5:11 pm

Hi

I have recently started picking up to GND HEX codes. How I a filter them out as they are screwing up my Gadget as the are the closest to me and I cant see any aircraft on it.

Steve M

Re: HEX Codes

Postby Steve M » Thu May 25, 2017 7:51 pm

Me too. They are two annoying aerial sites south of Aberdeen and I would like to filter them out.

UA4WIY

Postby UA4WIY » Sat May 27, 2017 5:01 am

If You have a preview version of VRS you can Install feed filter plugin.

http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/Pre ... ter-plugin

egpd1701

Postby egpd1701 » Sun May 28, 2017 8:44 am

HI

One of the sites is about half way up the parkway, just before the turning to Balgownie Road. Why they've started transmitting Hex codes in the past 2 weeks, I don't know.

I figured it out. The Feed Filter was confusing me as it is a bit of a misnomer. It implies that you can filter your ADS-B feeds and not specific ModeS codes. But that is how to solve the issue.

You need to log into the Web admin of your site in order to add the Hex codes. A bit strange that I couldn't just add them directly from the plugin. Make sure you add a user to your website from the command line - it took me ages to figure this one out as it wouldn't work any other way. Once you are able to login into the web system then you can enable the Feed Filter Plugin (which says nothing about blocking ModeS in the gui). The go to the link at the bottom of the Feed Filter
- http://<<your ip and port here>>/VirtualRadar/FeedFilter/index.html and you can add the offending Hex codes there.

After you do that, you can switch off the web access if you don't need it and your ModeS codes will still be blocked.

Steve M

Postby Steve M » Sun May 28, 2017 5:39 pm

Thanks. Got it sorted, thanks for your help. Thank goodness they are out of the way. Now to try and find a way to block them from my SBS!

Yes, one aerial is on the Parkway (has many mobile phone and and other aerials on the mast) and the other is on Brimmond Hill. I asked a couple of friends in ATC at Aberdeen and they are nothing to do with them. However, they said it mght have something to do with ScATCC and the Perwinnes radar head but nothing had been mentioned to them.

Return to “General Discussion”