How to...?

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
gcopter1

How to...?

Post by gcopter1 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:29 pm

I don't have auto select enabled. Why is it then that, I keep having aircraft highlighted as if I had used my cursor to click on it? How do I get rid of this, that is, if possible?

Think I've gone thru all the settings and don't see anything that can cause this. :?:

agw

Re: How to...?

Post by agw » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:07 pm

Along with removing the tick from "Auto-select aircraft" did you also set "When aircraft go out of range" to "Do nothing"?

By default when aircraft go out of range it re-enables auto-select.

gcopter1

Post by gcopter1 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:15 pm

Thanks for that reply. To avoid making another thread, I have a similar question.
When I click on an aircraft, it becomes highlighted...and stays highlighted. Not a big problem however, it also shows the trail of said aircraft and, if it is doing something like pattern work or surveying over a large area, the map is cluttered with that.

How do I deselect it in order for it not to remain highlighted?

gcopter1

Post by gcopter1 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:33 pm

Sorry, so embarrased, didn't read the answer to my previous question. Yes I did, both, the trail remains.

agw

Post by agw » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:01 pm

I can't reproduce the original issue - if I turn auto-select off and set "When aircraft go out of range" to "Do nothing" then when the selected aircraft goes out of range it does not auto-select another aircraft. Once the aircraft drops off the aircraft list I have nothing selected.

Regarding the second question - select another aircraft :) There is no mechanism for deselecting aircraft, at least none that I can remember.

gcopter1

Post by gcopter1 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:02 am

That’s what I was afraid of. At least now I know is nothing I’m omitting. Thanks.