Missing some flights from a friends reciever

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
aaamot

Missing some flights from a friends reciever

Postby aaamot » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:23 pm

We are 4 friends here in Floroe, Norway that all are running VRS.
And I have set up an shared server here at my home, we are all having fiber internet with stable IP's except when we have a power failure.Then we have to reconfigure the IP's.
Our network is driven by 4 Raspberry Pi's, running same hardware and software.
Three of us, has also running a VRS at home, mine, is also shared with IPadress , username and password. SInce its running on a bit old pc, I do not want to share the map public from my IP.

But there is a "little" problem, sometimes, some of the planes shown on one of my friends VRS
is not transferred to mine VRS, so we have 2 windows open on my friends PC, and see both he's an mine VRS. Here we see that some (random) planes are showing om he's pc, and not mine, but others are...
So some planes are missed in the transfer. All data is transferred with the BaseStation protocol.
I got problems uploading pictures here, but You might see them via dropbox:
Screenshot vrs server
Coverage from 4 recievers

agw

Re: Missing some flights from a friends reciever

Postby agw » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:39 pm

I'm struggling a little bit to grasp quite how you have things arranged... but is it the case that your friend is sharing their feed with you, you have set up a merged feed that brings together your feed and theirs, and that sometimes when you view that shared feed it appears that some of your friend's aircraft aren't appearing on it?

If so then I would start by switching receivers in VRS to your friend's feed and see if the aircraft show up. If they do then it's a merging issue. If they don't then it's a feed issue.

aaamot

Re: Missing some flights from a friends reciever

Postby aaamot » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:26 am

Thanks for reply.
We are now changing the format from basestation to beast/json, and also change the send/recieve, from ip based "calls" to each reciever, to let the reciever send its data to my ip, on different incoming ports.
W'ell see if this will change the result.

A

Return to “General Discussion”