offline maps

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
afleak

offline maps

Post by afleak » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:20 pm

I do not normally have internet service day to day. I have downloaded the basestation.sqb file and am using that for the plane data. However it still tries to load google maps. is there a way to use a map while offline?

loww

Re: offline maps

Post by loww » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:02 am

at the movement not.
I was asking a while ago.
:!: :!: :!: I search for People who want exchange VRS Data. I life near LOWW and i have a huge Coverage and multiple Receiver. :!: :!: :!:

Egulla

Post by Egulla » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:30 pm

That's a shame. I'm in the same boat as you, Afleak. Did they at least say they were considering adding an offline mode or something?

begleysm

Post by begleysm » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:52 pm

I was able to solve this problem by hosting my own OpenStreetMap Tile Server and then telling VRS to get it's maps from said local Tile Server. This gives me full offline capability with no internet connection.

You can read my step-by-step procedure here: https://steamforge.net/wiki/index.php/H ... ffline_use

loww

Post by loww » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:13 pm

For a project I need an Tile Server to is there one who work offline?
:!: :!: :!: I search for People who want exchange VRS Data. I life near LOWW and i have a huge Coverage and multiple Receiver. :!: :!: :!: