Can VRS do something that sounds simple?

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
MK2wx

Can VRS do something that sounds simple?

Post by MK2wx » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:28 pm

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a way to get VRS to tell me how many planes it's logged so far today. It sounds simple, but it seems to be beyond possible. How can that be with such clever software?

I want to remotely monitor the state of the plane count for the day, and to display that number a panel app on my desktop. I'd like to do that using a crontab entry, maybe linked to a small simple script.

I run VRS on a Raspberry PI 3 with Stretch (Dec 2017), and my desktop machine is running a Debian distro. (MX 15)

Any thoughts on how I can do that without having to go completely over the top with complex software?
Cheers,
Ian

Radio Active

Re: Can VRS do something that sounds simple?

Post by Radio Active » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:38 am

Download Database Writer and install, on options click plugin open Database Writer create the base station.sqb select the receiver and enable, might be best to have an external memory storage for this as the SD card can fill up quick if you are using a Pi, then on the web browser menu button click and click reports etc.

bristolplanespotter

Re: Can VRS do something that sounds simple?

Post by bristolplanespotter » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:43 pm

Exactly. What he said. Click reports and today's flights.