Updating aircraft data

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
EGPE3

Updating aircraft data

Post by EGPE3 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:07 am

I know how to contribute and correct route data. Is there a way of sending in corrections to aircraft data?

For example I have a number of hits in my log where I have the ADS-B ICAO code but it's not being matched to an aircraft.

agw

Re: Updating aircraft data

Post by agw » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:59 pm

If they're new registrations then I generally only refresh my local copy of the Planebase data about once a month. I would hold fire for a bit before getting too worried about those.

Otherwise you can try submitting the updates to Planebase. However, my understanding is that at the moment they're only taking updates from Planebase users and they're not accepting new users, so you might have some difficulty there.

EGPE3

Re: Updating aircraft data

Post by EGPE3 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:05 pm

OK, yes, most of the ones I've picked up in the last week are aircraft registered within the past year. There are a couple of exceptions: 406540 = G-EZGR (6 years) and 4401FA = OE-IVW (2 years). I did check out the Planebase site, but there doesn't seem to be any way in unless you know someone (which I don't!), even just to submit data.