Adding new aircraft markers

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
WhirlPool

Adding new aircraft markers

Post by WhirlPool » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:07 pm

Hey,

Have any one of you managed to add more aircraft marker types?
Military aircraft? Fighters?

I'm looking for someone that already did and willing to share his marker set and code with me.
I've already managed to add some that were floating around as an add-on ... but that's not enough.

Please contact me if you have more aircraft markers that I can add to mine ...

Vliegtuigfan.nl

Re: Adding new aircraft markers

Post by Vliegtuigfan.nl » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:04 am

Yes, I managed it!

WhirlPool

Post by WhirlPool » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:01 pm

Can you please share your markers and script with me?
Can you zip the png files and the JS rules for them and send me?

BTW I love the green color :o)

Vliegtuigfan.nl

Post by Vliegtuigfan.nl » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:49 pm

You can download the zip file here: https://vliegtuigfan.nl/download/37/

Be sure that you use the custom content!

alpha15

Post by alpha15 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:52 am

That's a great idea, thanks for mentioning it ;-)

By the way I put these 2 image files (markers) into the vrs marker folder (like all markers are stored there by default)

But there are some issues that I face..

I tried to edit aircraftPlotter.js file and put the code that you said , but when I save it and refresh vrs all markers disappear and list,menu and all layers also disappear :=D , seems like map become in full screen..

Exactly the same happens when I try to edit that javascript file in general, with any extra code line except the default ones..

I also used custom content plugin as you said, but I don't know which file do I need to inject. Is it the aircraftPlotter.js file ? or should I convert that one in a html file and inject that one ?

I tried both of these cases but doesn't seem to be okay.. All code is just over the map.

Do you have any idea on how to solve these simple - but "nervous maker" issues ? :-)

Thanks !

Vliegtuigfan.nl

Post by Vliegtuigfan.nl » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:06 am

xristostra86 wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:52 am
That's a great idea, thanks for mentioning it ;-)

By the way I put these 2 image files (markers) into the vrs marker folder (like all markers are stored there by default)

But there are some issues that I face..

I tried to edit aircraftPlotter.js file and put the code that you said , but when I save it and refresh vrs all markers disappear and list,menu and all layers also disappear :=D , seems like map become in full screen..

Exactly the same happens when I try to edit that javascript file in general, with any extra code line except the default ones..

I also used custom content plugin as you said, but I don't know which file do I need to inject. Is it the aircraftPlotter.js file ? or should I convert that one in a html file and inject that one ?

I tried both of these cases but doesn't seem to be okay.. All code is just over the map.

Do you have any idea on how to solve these simple - but "nervous maker" issues ? :-)

Thanks !
Can you send your aircraftplotter.js file to me? Then I will fix it for you😊 you can email me at: webmaster@vliegtuigfan.nl

alpha15

Post by alpha15 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:27 am

I sent you an email.

Thank you ! :D

WhirlPool

Post by WhirlPool » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:29 pm

I have a feeling that you're trying to edit the original VRS files.
you should use the custom content plugin, create a folder somewhere else and point the plugin there.

I'll try and explain better later when I have some quiet time.
Look in this thread later today ...

Vliegtuigfan.nl

Post by Vliegtuigfan.nl » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:44 pm

yeah, but i copied the orginal files to a different folder and used that as site root in the custom content plugin

WhirlPool

Post by WhirlPool » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:01 pm

Vliegtuigfan.nl wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:44 pm
yeah, but i copied the orginal files to a different folder and used that as site root in the custom content plugin
I'm sorry I was replying to xristosra86 ...

BTW ... would love to get your complete set of markers ... noticed you have more colors ... hehehe