FlightFeeder update (bad messages)

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
CX6BX

FlightFeeder update (bad messages)

Post by CX6BX » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:35 pm

I hope I'm posting this in the right subforum.

I have a VRS to which several FlightFeeders are connected.

This morning, after the last FlightAware update (v7.9.1~bpo8+1) all connections on port 30003 (BaseStation) apparently changed format and VRS marked them as error messages.

Are you aware of this? Are there any possibilities of an upgrade to fix this? :?

Quote from FlightAware forum thread
We’ll provide details next week when the corresponding PiAware release goes out. We are adding some additional data decoding capabilities.

agw

Re: FlightFeeder update (bad messages)

Post by agw » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:02 pm

Port 30003 is an established de-facto standard. If Flight Aware have changed their implementation of it, and their change is not backwards compatible, then it'll need to be added as a new format. I'll wait and see what happens first.

scoobydobedooo

Re: FlightFeeder update (bad messages)

Post by scoobydobedooo » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:01 am

just an update for you both,

ive had the same issue and conected flightadware and they claim its something to do with a timestamp that they are using that VRS doesnt have...... there fix for this was just to use 30005 instead lol
i have a home base station im willing to share data from. if intressed let me know :)