Receiver Range Plots

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
rocketron101

Receiver Range Plots

Post by rocketron101 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:07 pm

Hi,
Not sure if this is the correct place in the forum but:

Just installed VRS 2.4.2 on 32 bit windows 7 and when I assign colours to the different altitudes then make them visible on the map they stack / overlay in reverse order. By this I mean the highest altitude is at the top of the stack and the lowest at the bottom (previous version was lowest alt on top with highest alt on bottom).

This means it is very hard to distinguish what is happening at lower alts if you have all selected.

I hope this makes sense?

(I also hope I'm not being a plank and missing something here....?)

Cheers.

rocketron101

Re: Receiver Range Plots

Post by rocketron101 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:44 pm

'pon my life it now seems that you can stack in either order (this never was the case before....or was it?)

Go (select) low-->high and the smallest (low alt) range ring is on the bottom and largest range ring (high alt) on top.

Go (select) high-->low and it stacks "correctly".

Well I never.

I'll crawl back under my desk now...

agw

Re: Receiver Range Plots

Post by agw » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:31 pm

Sorry for the delay in replying.

There are some subtle differences between the Google and Leaflet versions of the map plugin. Google lets you control the Z order of a lot more things than Leaflet, so you might see effects like this where in Google Maps I stack polar plots in altitude order (lowest at the bottom) but in Leaflet they're just stacked in whatever order you opened the plots in. There's not much I can do about that until Leaflet adds support for setting the Z index (unless it's already in there and I just overlooked it, which would not be a surprise).