Updating aircraft names

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
darrylcn

Updating aircraft names

Post by darrylcn » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:20 pm

Did some quick reading in this and I think maybe it's the MDL I'm hoping to edit to fix a small annoyance. I'm hoping someone can help.

Is there any way to edit the names of the aircraft when they're sent to me via PlaneAlerter? For instance today I received alerts on Aircraft_Model: Greyhound C-2A, I'm hoping I can change this to the reverse, Aircraft_Model: C-2A Greyhound. Is this list stored locally so that I can correct the names of a few aircraft which (to me) are reversed? I think this relates to VRS since the same naming convention is on the maps it hosts. Thanks for any help.

agw

Re: Updating aircraft names

Post by agw » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:43 pm

That'll be how the model is formatted up in the database (either the online lookup or BaseStation.sqb, depending on how you've got things configured). Maybe try installing the database editor and having a look at the aircraft in question, see if Greyhound C-2A is in the model field?

If you do end up using the database editor plugin to change the record then you should double-check your database writer settings and make sure that it's not set up to update existing aircraft details, otherwise eventually it will overwrite your changes with the online lookup values.

darrylcn

Re: Updating aircraft names

Post by darrylcn » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:36 am

Thanks for that I've done just that. The updates seem to be sticking and not being overwritten I think - they had our CP-140 Auroras as "Orion CP-140" and I detect those regularly, in spite of that my changes for those have stuck. Thanks for the reply!