AircraftList.json questions

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
yi_son

AircraftList.json questions

Post by yi_son » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:46 am

Hi. I just set up my local VRS and I can see aircrafts around my area perfectly. Now I would like to do some processing of the AircraftList.json but was a bit curious on the generation of the JSON.

1. My thinking is that VRS combines raw beast/basestation messages from aircraft and additional information from a local Basestation.sqb file to create the AircraftList.json. Is this correct?
2. I've seen cases where there are aircrafts on the map, but missing from AircraftList.json. Why is this? Does VRS need to know about the aircraft locally to be present in the JSON?

yi_son

Re: AircraftList.json questions

Post by yi_son » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:10 am

Okay I think I figured out the issue with #2. I had to set Web site receiver under the Options menu and it looks like all the aircraft being mapped is in the json

agw

Re: AircraftList.json questions

Post by agw » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:09 pm

VRS does combine the messages from the aircraft with data from other sources for the aircraft list. The map and list only show aircraft in the list, once an aircraft disappears from the aircraft list it is removed from the web page.