Aircraft Pictures Folder

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
spotter_sam

Aircraft Pictures Folder

Post by spotter_sam » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:43 am

I have recently noticed that there are no images of the aircraft being shown on my Virtual Radar, before a picture of the aircraft would show when i select the aircraft on the web page. I have also noticed that there is no folder in the data sources section for pictures of the aircraft. I have re-installed Virtual Radar, but that has not helped. Is there anywhere i can download a folder with a picture of every plane, or can i get it to get the images off a website.

Thank you in advance :D

Datamix

Re: Aircraft Pictures Folder

Post by Datamix » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:36 pm

VRS: v3 (30-SEP-2018)

Nigelr

Post by Nigelr » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:52 pm

The same has happened to me over the last two days. I always had one or two images for each selected aircraft but now nothing, and I've not completed any Data Source settings changes recently.

jonckers

Post by jonckers » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:52 pm

Here also problems with the photos since a few days ...
I started myself to build a photo database...
I look for a new photo (min. 400 pixels x 225 pixels max. 1600 pixels x 1086 pixels) from every plane flying around here and put it in a new folder.
In VRS i indicate: "search subfolder for pictures". A lot of work, but I have already 1200 planes of which the pictures are very clear and have the same size :-)

UA4WIY

Post by UA4WIY » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:53 pm

Nigelr wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:52 pm
The same has happened to me over the last two days. I always had one or two images for each selected aircraft but now nothing, and I've not completed any Data Source settings changes recently.
www.airport-data.com is down.

scoobydobedooo

Post by scoobydobedooo » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:16 am

hey all,
random i know but all my photos for aircraft has disappeard also however....

it was because airport-data was down ....but was it?

ive noticed that aircraft-data.com is now back up and running and still i have no aircraft photos on the vrs.

ive changed no settings at all so would anyone beable to point me in the right direction please :)

also if i add my own photos into the vrs system is there a certon size the photo has to be for it to work?

many thanks
ben
i have a home base station im willing to share data from. if intressed let me know :)