VRS on raspberry, not showing aircraft details from newer aircraft e.g. build 2019.

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
jozg

VRS on raspberry, not showing aircraft details from newer aircraft e.g. build 2019.

Post by jozg » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:35 pm

Hello all,

I'm using my VRS on my raspberry pi, and i love the program.
I recenty noticed, that there is sometime showing aircraft without details.
When i lookup the same airrcraft on fr24 or rb24 then i can see the aircraft is recent made 2019.

Is there something with the planebase connection?
Maybe someone have a good idea?

Thanks for helping.

Regards,

agw

Re: VRS on raspberry, not showing aircraft details from newer aircraft e.g. build 2019.

Post by agw » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:22 pm

I only update the aircraft lookup data from Planebase's database about once a month. I'll be doing a refresh this week.

jozg

Re: VRS on raspberry, not showing aircraft details from newer aircraft e.g. build 2019.

Post by jozg » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:30 pm

Hello AGW,

Thanks for the good work!.
I though maybe it had to do with the fact that planebase is for some users only.
So the aircraft detail, shown in my VRS is coming from your website?

Regards,

agw

Post by agw » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:49 pm

It depends on how you've configured VRS but by default it will lookup aircraft details against the SDM site. The SDM site's database is loaded up with data from Planebase. There are no restrictions on who can perform lookups against the SDM site aside from some rate limiting (i.e. you can only make so-many lookups over a given period of time) to try to prevent abuse.