database crash

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
scoobydobedooo

database crash

Post by scoobydobedooo » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:20 am

hello all,

ive spend a long time updating my VRS database using the plugin and today its desided to crash for no reason at all that i know of :(

i dont have a clue when it comes to sqb or mysql so im wondering if this is fixable or if i have to start a hole new database :(
is there away of recovering the data if i have to start again :(

the error i get is as follows.
ion`2 paramReader)
at Dapper.SqlMapper.ExecuteImpl(IDbConnection cnn, CommandDefinition& command)
at VirtualRadar.Database.BaseStation.Database.Flights_Update(BaseStationFlight flight)
at VirtualRadar.Database.BaseStation.Database.UpdateFlight(BaseStationFlight flight)
at VirtualRadar.Plugin.BaseStationDatabaseWriter.Plugin.FlushFlights(Boolean flushAll)
at VirtualRadar.Plugin.BaseStationDatabaseWriter.Plugin.Heartbeat_SlowTick(Object sender, EventArgs args)
[2019-07-12 22:58:14.718 UTC] [t49] Database writer plugin caught exception on flushing old flights: System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: unable to open database file
unable to open database file
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Reset(SQLiteStatement stmt)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Step(SQLiteStatement stmt)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery(CommandBehavior behavior)
at Dapper.SqlMapper.ExecuteCommand(IDbConnection cnn, CommandDefinition& command, Action`2 paramReader)
at Dapper.SqlMapper.ExecuteImpl(IDbConnection cnn, CommandDefinition& command)
at VirtualRadar.Database.BaseStation.Database.Flights_Update(BaseStationFlight flight)
at VirtualRadar.Database.BaseStation.Database.UpdateFlight(BaseStationFlight flight)
at VirtualRadar.Plugin.BaseStationDatabaseWriter.Plugin.FlushFlights(Boolean flushAll)
at VirtualRadar.Plugin.BaseStationDatabaseWriter.Plugin.Heartbeat_SlowTick(Object sender, EventArgs args)
[2019-07-12 22:58:25.280 UTC] [t33] Database writer plugin caught exception on flushing old flights: System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: unable to open database file

many thanx
ben
i have a home base station im willing to share data from. if intressed let me know :)

agw

Re: database crash

Post by agw » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:59 pm

There's a couple of reasons why it might say that it can't open the database file. The obvious one is that the file is not where the configuration says that it is, although I think VRS would mention that at startup if that were actually the case.

There is a DIY SQLite repair program that you can download and pass your file through. If it's just an issue with the SQLite indexes then it should be able to recover it. The installer can be downloaded here:

http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/Fil ... rSetup.exe

scoobydobedooo

Post by scoobydobedooo » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:21 pm

hello dude,
thank you for your reply :)

i shall try the file and see how it goes hopfully its an easy fix and easy to use programme as im not all that when it comes to SQL,

with the obviouse one i use the database plugin and keep the database in a sprate file so that nothing else can cause it to get confused.

many thanks again :)
i have a home base station im willing to share data from. if intressed let me know :)

scoobydobedooo

Post by scoobydobedooo » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:25 pm

hey

been playing around with the plugin and it doesnt seem to show up errors on the database even through VRS says there is, so ive started a new one :) hopfully this one doesnt crash on me :)

many thanx
ben