Questions about Web Site | Initial Settings

Want to post something that doesn't quite fit into the other forums? This is the place for that.
jepolch

Questions about Web Site | Initial Settings

Post by jepolch »

I've been using VRS for years - Thank You! - and I finally decided to get serious about a couple of initial settings that I prefer.

First, when I open VRS in a browser the first thing I do it go into Options and uncheck Hide aircraft not on map. I went into my server's initial settings and changed

Code: Select all

hideAircraftNotOnMap":false}
. This is honored by the web browser.

The second thing I always change in Options is Aircraft Trails | Show only for the selected aircraft. I don't see a place in Initial Settings where I can have this setting be the default. Can you tell me how to set that?

Finally, in Initial Settings I have

Code: Select all

locale":"en-US
yet when I open VRS in the browser, Options always shows the British flag, rather than the US flag (English United States). How can I make English United States the default option using Initial settings?

Thank you again.
austin

Re: Questions about Web Site | Initial Settings

Post by austin »

Hello, you mention these three things you are trying to set as default:
  1. Do not hide aircraft not on the map.
  2. Show aircraft trail only for the selected aircraft.
  3. Locale of the VRS web page to "English (United States)"
For the first two settings, I believe what you want are already the default settings. So, there should not be any work needed to set those as default.

As an experiment, I stopped VRS, deleted my "Configuration.xml" file (made a copy first), and then started VRS again. Having the "Configuration.xml" file deleted forced settings to their default values. Here is what I then see when I go into the Options menus within the VRS web page:

For the locale setting of the VRS web page, I never had any luck setting the default locale through the Tools -> Options -> Web Site -> Initial Settings method. However, if you happen to be using Linux, you can set it with this installation script which will successfully set the default locale for you as it installs VRS on Linux:

https://github.com/mypiaware/virtual-ra ... stallation
jepolch

Post by jepolch »

Thank you very much. I've been running VRS for so long (and my memory isn't what it used to be) that I've forgotten how I exported the initial settings. Over the years I've had to reinstall VRS on different computers and just imported my settings each time. I will do the same as you and start it up with no initial settings.

I've used that Linux script (although I'll continue to run VRS on Windows) and it works beautifully, except that in the version 3 previews the aircraft photos don't work.

Thanks again!

Edit: OK, "Copy to clipboard". :oops:
antonov124

Post by antonov124 »

for missing photos there is an plugin ,)